Nov 20, 2023

A Step out of comfort zone

Hi there.
Today I am showing a card so far out of my comfort zone I should probably have a pass port!!

I am drawn to Mandalas and Zen Tangle designs. I have tried with varying success to draw some, but have never been very successful at coloring them. When I saw this on the KLM digital Designs site I instantly thought of my favorite Maine ocean trips and "beachy" colors. 

I only used half of the design because I messed up the other half, naturally. I used some Distress Inks and masking to fill some of the areas and a combination of Copic markers and Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pens for others. Once colored I fussy cut the good side out and attached to the panels. I played with my new foiling machine for the sentiment and added a few clear gems from Honeybee Designs.

Photo results of foiled and glittery or shiny cards are less than satisfying. The contrast of the dark teal and peach is much better in real life. 
Practice makes better. I need more practice.
Create on!
Susan


No comments: