Nov 19, 2023

Thanksgiving wishes

Hello and welcome.

Today's card has to be one of my favorites of this style. I have quite a collection of dies and use them sparingly. I have decided to use them more.

I fell in love with this collection (Country Roads) the second it came out. The designs just screamed Vermont roadside!! This is the first card that uses this collection. It may look like a lot, but it's not too bad once the design is established. 

I knew I wanted to use the arch layer, the sign, and the wheat stem. The rest would need to create a fall VT feel.
Asters and mums are everywhere during autumn, so those little flowers were just right to create that look.
First, I cut all the layers for eight cards, then I brushed the distress inks onto all eight arched panels and spattered them with gold. Set aside to dry.

I sat down with my mini Empress, a stack of scraps, and the Wood Texture paper pack from SU. I cut everything for the eight cards all at once. I organize the separate pieces in tiny trays, that way the assembly goes much faster. Once cut I add the ink shading, then begin to assemble each element. All signs, all barrels, all flowers. Now you are working with a more manageable number of pieces.

I assemble one full panel to make sure the design works and to determine the order of positioning that is best. Once that is done it takes a short time to do the others. It took about nine hours to do all eight cards. That includes cutting and design time. Assembly time is minimal.

I will be using this collection a lot!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Paper: SU Barely Banana, Cajun Craze, Wood Texture Pack
Ink: Distress Inks Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint
Dies: Rectangle Stitched STAX (MFT), Essential Arches, Garden Builder, Welcome Sign and Sentiments, Rustic Garden (Spellbinders)
Sign sticker: Anna Griffin Mini Holiday Sentiment Stickers 
Misc.: Barely Art Glue, Mini gems

No comments: