Jun 13, 2021

Genealogy Inspired Anniversary

While still in the Tim Holtz inspired mood, I remembered I needed an anniversary card for a family member. I recently became the caretaker of 125+ years worth of photos and family tree research.

I decided to put them together when I came across the wedding photo of my great grandparents. 
I don't know the first thing about collage or multi-media work, but this project just seemed to be a fit for those techniques. 

I began with the photo, printed on card stock with an Epson printer and lightly brushed with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. Then, I searched through my stockpile of hand made backgrounds. I found one made with Distress Oxides that was just muted enough. I then stenciled on it using a few Stampers Anonymous layering stencils. I used Distress collage medium to attach the photo and Anniversary die cut to the background. I then used Texture paste and SA rose stencil on the corner. Once dry I added just a little color to the roses using Tattered Rose and a mixture of green Distress Inks watered down and applied with a brush.
The die used for the panel is from MFT Blueprints 27.
I layered the panel onto a light rose card stock and attached to a white card base.

For the card base I printed the sentiment and the photo information on the area that would be the inside of the card so the recipient will be able to identify the family connection.

Now that this one is done, I have so many other ideas how to use some of these photo scans I have on my phone!

It also reminds me that I have a lot to do to pull some of these photos and information together in one place so the whole family can make sense of it all! Winter project???