May 18, 2021

Mother's Day card

Today's card is the Mother's Day card I made for my daughter this year. I saw Jennifer McGuire use a wreath stencil in a similar fashion and thought, then, that it looked like something Kate would make. She is a talented card maker herself, but being a single mom of 2 teens and a huge German Shepherd and working 12 hour shifts in law enforcement doesn't allow much time for card making. Changes coming soon, though. A new job in the works, so maybe after the initial training there will be a little more time for her and less stress! I digress! 

This card was so easy to make. I used a Simon Says Stencil and some painters tape to mask off areas in order to change colors. Once stenciled with Distress Inks I stamped the MFT Itsy Bitsy Polka a Dot background stamp over the whole image with Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink. I heat set the inking (Don't skip this step!), then embossed this great sentiment stamp from KLMdigitaldesigns.
(Sneak peek!! This is a new stamp set coming soon! It's not released yet 😄.)

I cut the panes out with MFT Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics and fussy cut away the bottom. Underneath I cut a piece of SU Eggplant card stock (retired), then attached both to a white card. Those little gems (Mirror Droplets) from Sunny Studio  were the final finish. I might have to make a few more of these for my "kindness" project.

Enjoy the beautiful weather. I'm off to play in the garden.

No comments: