May 8, 2021

Beach Gnome

I am so missing my annual trips to Maine. My friend and I used to go twice a year when we were still teaching. It was the best way we found to recharge our batteries back then. Walking the beach hunting for sea glass and photographing the beauty around us. 

For now we will have to be satisfied with making ocean related cards to get by.
This little beach comber gnome from klmdigitaldesigns was a lot of fun to color. I used him to make another of the shadow box cards with movable accents. In this one as you open the card to standing position the crab and lobster move back and forth when the sides are pulled or pushed. The backdrop was made ages ago using a kids Crayola Marker Air brush kit. It worked pretty good for what it was. The sand dunes are made with gel press papers using Distress oxide inks, and cut out with MFT Stitched Snow Drifts. The stamped images are from Sunny Studios Best Fishes.  The sentiment and the gnome are digital images from klmdigitaldesigns.com and colored with Copic Markers. I used a glitter gel pen on the letters so the would stand out a little bit.
Copic color map:
Skin: E000, E11
Beard: E30. 35, 37. Multiliner .01
Hat and robe: B000, BG11, 45, 49, T2, BG05, 07
Bucket: BG0000, T0, R29
Star: E30, 55, 57
Lg. Shell: T0, E01, E00, E30
Fan shell: T2, E30, E42
Crab and lobster: R47, 29, 89


1 comment:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Finally thought I'd leave a note, I absolutely love your coloring of these gnomes. Really look forward to seeing them.