May 20, 2021

Happy Chickadee

Good morning, afternoon or evening! It is a beautiful day here in Vermont. The trees are leafing, gardens are blooming and the birds are singing. It's SO nice I feel guilty being inside working.😕
Today's card is my attempt at stepping out of my comfort zone and stepping up a card.

Basic materials list:
 Papers:
SU Very Vanilla card base, Night of Navy scalloped layer, ms.sparkle &co. Shimmer Paper from Joann's, old sheet music, Sentiment Strips from Simon Says Stamps.
Dies:
MFT Blueprint 27 (scalloped frame), Bitty Birdhouse from Simon Says Stamp;
Tim Holtz- Small Tattered Florals and Garden Greens
Stamp: Simon Says Stamps- Spring Birds
Stencil: Pretty Pink Posh (SSS)- Leaves and Berries
Other: Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste, raffia

The little bird is watercolored with distress inks and fussy cut, however dies are available for the stamp set. I brushed on the distress inks onto the sheet music before adding the texture paste leaves. Once the paste was dry I added more color. In hindsight, I might have pre-colored the paste to avoid darkening the background when I brushed color on them. This was NOT a quick card!!

Have a wonderful day


No comments: