Aug 1, 2020

Birthday card gnome





Hi there! Welcome.

Today's card uses a gnome image and sentiment, both from KLM Digital Designs.  I print the round sentiment from the birthday cake digital image on white card stock, die cut the panel and taped off the edges. 

I used Distress inkand a blending brush to create the background. Blend ink carefully.  I never trust any printer ink when adding a water base ink around it. I used a blending brush and when close to the words I pounced the ink carefully instead of circling, which might smear the black ink.

I then used Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink to stencil on the stars and daub on the cloud. I cut a star stencil out of cardstock from a Tim Holtz star Sizzix die. Then I stenciled a few stars here and there.

The gnome is colored in Copics. I added the stripes to his hat with a Copic multiliner. There is a little Wink of Stella on the frosting but that doesn't show well in photography.

He is popped up on Recollection Foam squares.

So... If you had/have a birthday this week...I wish you health and happiness.

Susan

3 comments:

Claire said...

He looks fabulous I love the rainbow background
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Suzstamps said...

Thanks so much

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful background and a super cute image.