Jul 11, 2020

Best Day Ever

Welcome to my blog and the rantings of a crazed card maker.

Have you ever found a technique that just satisfies all the creative corners of your being? I've found it .... but now I'm buried under a mountain of backgrounds. Watercolor, alcohol ink, distress blending, Oxide inks, and now eco printing and nature impressions.

I think I need to make a ton of cards for various charities and use all this up before I make any more. Of course, Tim Holtz, the Guru, says "....don't throw that scrap away, use it to die cut or punch. Hummmm...

Well, here is a card using up some of the stash. This green panel was a watercolor paper rectangle that I stenciled on ginko leaves with Ranger Matte Texture Paste. I then used Distress Spray Stains and water to create the background. I brushed a little Ground Espresso around the edges to draw the eye into the center. 

This is my favorite chair. It is from the Stampin'UP die set Seasonal Layers. It is cut from another background that I made to resemble wood texture.

I  die cut the dark panel using a Stitched Rectangle Die from MFT* out of SU Early Espresso Card stock. The card base is SU Kraft stenciled with the ginko leaf in Tea Dye Distress Ink. 

The sentiment is from the Stampers Anonymous set Tiny Text.

Perfect for this card, don't you think?
So....... have a day like this,

Susan                                                                                                             *My Favorite Things Stamps



No comments: