Oct 20, 2023

Bookworm Gnome

Hello there. Welcome to my card blog!

Today's card could have my face plastered on it. My love of all things books goes back to my childhood. I was that kid whose mom had to hide my current book so I would do my chores. Then, I worked in the local library throughout high school, became a teacher, and was in book heaven all day. Now retired, I haunt the monthly library book sale. I have to be careful to not overload my shelf to the point that it sags!

I had so much fun making this card. My latest toy is a foiling machine. I am so thrilled that I can foil with my regular dies. Those stars in the background are from the Tim Holtz/ Sizzix swirling stars Thinlit. I used Copic markers to color the klmdigitaldesigns image Bookwork Gnome. The "DOCUMENTED" on the front is a sticker from Tim Holtz's metallic sticker booklet.

    





KLM Digital Designs image, colored with Copic marker; Sizzix star die foiled onto the background; Tim Holtz sticker sentiment

Inside sentiment, is one of 3 that accompany the image. The same star die was used to cut a paper stencil and was then used with Distress Mica Stain to add stars to the inside.


For other book nerds: The beauty that the card is photographed on is one of my library sale finds.
It is a collection of Kipling's works in one volume. It has the most delicious feeling, hand-tooled, embossed leather cover. Unfortunately, the condition is not great and the copyright page is missing. However, the inscription inside indicates it was a gift:  To Willis from Helen, Christmas 1935  Kipling lived in Vermont for a time as his wife was from here. I'm shocked someone else didn't grab this book first!

Have a wonderful day and keep creating!
Susan

No comments: