Sep 19, 2023

Sunshine birthdays

Hello there!
Today's card reflects the summer's end in the garden. I love all the sunflowers still standing tall in the gardens and fields around Vermont. The next few days are forecast to be crisp and cool which will speed up the foliage change which has already begun.

This card construction was new to me. It was so easy I actually made 3 of them, each a little different variation for three September birthdays.
You can see the tutorial HERE.

I wanted a bit more height and dimension in my card to support the taller sunflower, so I added a third piece behind the fold-out section.

I created some boards using a woodgrain embossing folder and some Distress Inks. Then I cut them and glued them in place so the fold-out section looked like an apple crate.
I used a lot of foam tape on the sunflowers and some thick acetate packaging to give the stems some strength. The sentiment is an Anna Griffin sticker and the grass is from some Lavinia stamps packaging. The sunflower stamps are from Papertrey Ink and Cardio designs. The cat is a Tim Holtz/ Sizzix Thinlit. It's fun mixing all the materials and styles of the products in my room. I've been doing that a lot of late.

Enjoy the beautiful fall days ahead and look for inspiration in the beauty of nature.
Susan

No comments: