Dec 8, 2022

Quick Gift idea

Hello there. I'm glad you stopped by.

Today is a speedy gift solution using a pre-colored image from klmdigitaldesigns.com, the medium tag from Tim Holtz/Sizzix tag dies, and a few embellishments to personalize the project.


This is a tag, ornament, and money or gift card holder all in one.
I knew I wanted to add a greeting to the Gnome so I opened the PNG for this project and dropped it into a Pages document (or Word Document). I added a text box, typed the message in my choice of font, and sized and positioned the box near the gnome. I used the group option and sized the whole image to fit the tag size I wanted to use. The image was printed on a piece of white card and then cut with the tag die. 

The students I made these for recently changed schools so I traced the pennant in the new school color then cut and glued it over the blue pennant.


I used some pinstripe press-ons from Love from Lizzie to personalize the tag a bit.




Next, I layered the tag onto a piece of card matching the school color. This piece was folded up on the bottom to create a pocket for the gift. I used a circle punch to cut a section out for ease of card removal. I used very thin double-sided tape to close the sides of the pocket.

The pocket was stamped with a to/from stamp then a gold cord was threaded for a hanger and a red and white baker's twine bow was added.

Even with the personalization, it took me about 30 minutes to make both tags.


This can be tied to a package or hung in the tree.

I hope this helps a little with your holiday wrapping.


No comments: