Mar 16, 2021

I'm a Holtz Junkie


I started to watch Tim's new video on the basics of the Distress Inks this afternoon. I'll most likely watch it again because I barely got into the first 5 minutes of the blending section and a lightbulb went off. I love playing with the inks to make interesting background papers. I have a drawer full, but never enough!😏
 I decided to try this Distress Ink blending on a dark paper. I've used a similar approach on scraps years ago, but not with Distress Oxides. The Oxides make this blending effortless! I loved the results.
I began with a piece of SU Always Artichoke paper. The banner with the sentiment is the original color.
I wanted more depth in the paper so I used Shabby Shutters Oxide in the top right and a combination of Forest Moss, Rustic Wilderness and Black Soot for the bottom left.
I used a touch of Frayed Burlap Oxide on the top of the branches to highlight slightly, then used Ground Espresso Ink on the bottom for shaded texture. 
The bird base was cut from SU Basic Gray card stock. I lightly highlighted the head with Pumice Stone Oxide and the feet with Ground Espresso Ink. The body and wing of the bird are cut from scraps of background papers made last summer. The tiny leaves are from scraps as well.
Dies:
Bird- Sizzix Thinlits Tim Hotz Collection Feathered Friends 664433
Branch- Sizzix Alterations TH collection Fall Foliage 660955
Leaf - Sizzix Thinlits Alteration TH #661206
Sentiment Stamp - Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Tiny Text CMS394
Paper- SU Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz, Basic Gray

No comments: