Feb 1, 2021

Yay! Dinosaurs!

When I was still teaching, one of the most engaging units I ever created was my dinosaur unit. It took me years to perfect it. Man, the milage I was able to get out of that unit... every child was engaged. I taught EVERYTHING through that unit. I still have kids I had in second grade (now approaching 20 and 30),
tell me they still remember that unit and how it was their favorite one. Too bad I wasn't able to teach it the last few years before I retired. Common Core and all that.......
Well, now I can relive that fun while making my cards thanks to KLM Digital Designs. There is a collection of dino images and sentiments in the February release.

This card is just perfect for a guy who takes is age in stride. I have the perfect person in mind for this one. Maybe I should make a few of these, they are too much fun, not to mention easy to create.



The image was colored with Copic markers and texturized with a wash cloth and some blender solution. I found the perfect background paper in the pile of leaf and plant papers I dyed this summer. 
(I would do this all year round if I could!)
I cut and glued the dino to the fern background and cut the panel with a Stitched Rectangle STAX die from My Favorite Things. I framed it on a thin piece of black and attached it to the Kraft card base. This dark Kraft card stock came from Michael's.
I found a simple birthday greeting in my collection of orphan stamps for the front.. I wanted the focus to be on the image and background. It is embossed with a Ranger powder called Bubbly. It's and interesting finish. I thought it looked a little like sand.





When planning this card, I knew I wanted the sentiment to be inside. I usually try to plan a few cards at a time so I can print the inside messages on a full sheet of paper. 

This is the perfect sentiment for the image. I just hooted when I saw it. Hopefully the recipient will as well.

Dyed paper: Watercolor paper soaked in a bit of tea bath then sprayed with Distress Ink Stains.
Copic Color Map:
Sand - E50, 51, 53, 55
Bones - E97, 08, 09, 27, 29
blender solution





No comments: