Jul 6, 2020

Birthday Chef Gnome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I hope you like what you see and will visit often.
Today I have for you a birthday card using one of the new polymer stamps,
the little chef gnome, from KLM Digital Designs and the circular birthday sentiment digital stamp.


 I taped off the die cut panel to allow for a clean white edge. (MFT A2 Stitched rectangle STAX Set 2 Die-namics). I blended Distress Inks around the sentiment carefully so as to not have any ink movement from the wording. I usually don't have an issue, but I can't get any Georgia Pacific paper anymore, so I'm using whatever I have in my drawer that will go through my printer. This paper did allow for a bit of ink movement. When this happens I carefully tap the inks on lightly close to the printer ink.

I used Post it Notes to mask and blend the floor. One moved on me, though. Next time I'll use tape! I stamped "crumbs" on the floor using SU stamp Gorgeous Grunge (retired) and brown ink.

The chef is colored with Copic markers. Have you ever used B60 or BG70 for shading white. Try it, it works great! He is popped up on foam tape which is a bit lower than the foam squares I used on my previous card.
I kept the layering more neutral, hoping to be able to use this as a masculine birthday card. I used papers from Craftsmart Cardstock packs from Michael's for the layer and card base.

So, today, wash you hands, stay home if you can, color..... and eat some cake!

Susan


1 comment:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

This is so darn cute! Great coloring too.