Jul 6, 2020

Eco Print Maples and Bird

Hello there. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Recently I have been doing some experimenting with eco printing on paper. It certainly is a trial and error process. The results are much like working with alcohol inks. Every batch is a surprise.
 

This card is one of my favorites from a batch that I used tea as the dye on watercolor paper soaked in an iron/vinegar mordant. Those leaves are from a beautiful Japanese Maple in my yard.

I used the Sizzix Thinlits Feathered Friends to cut another piece of printed paper that didn't come out as well for the body of the bird. The base of the bird and the wing were cut from black card stock that had been treated with copper and silver Ranger Mixatives. I used Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to brush a little extra color onto the birds back and leg areas. 
The sentiment is from Idea-ology Small Talk spiral bound sticker sheets.


There are several You Tube videos and tutorials on Pinterest. They all do a little something different. 
THIS is the one I used to begin exploring this fun technique.
Have a great week,
Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! 😍😍