Jul 16, 2020

Cherry bird

Welcome to Creative Juice. The blog of a crazed senior card maker.

Today's offering is a little tribute to my fine feathered friends in my cherry tree out back.

The image and sentiment are digital from KLM Digital Designs. I printed it on Georgia Pacific 110lb white card stock. (If anyone knows where I can get some let me know. It has vanished. I fear it's no longer being made.)
I use an Epson ET-2750. It has a large tank of ink and lasts a LONG time. I've been on this tank for over a year and I print A LOT
The image is colored with Copic Markers, then the panel cut with a Stitched Mod Rectangle STAX die from MFT. The slightly textured card base is from a paper pack of pastel colors by CraftSmart carried at Michael's. While this is a nice medium weight paper for bases it isn't for all. It has a white core and I found many adhesives didn't hold on the finish of the paper. I had to use double sided tape, which can get expensive!
There went the savings from buying the paper on sale!

Several people asked me about the bird details. I use a good bird book for reference. The digital image is not that detailed for a reason. This could be one of several birds. A change of color and placement of a detail and he could be a finch, bluebird or any bird with a similar body shape and beak shape. I have even added a crest and altered the shape of the beak when coloring to create a Nuthatch or Tufted Titmouse. The sky's the limit 😏.
Enjoy and Create,
Susan

1 comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So beautiful! I'm going to have to look for those dies!