Apr 6, 2020

Change of pace

Good morning. The sun is shining here, finally. It is truly a beautiful day. So, before I go outside and do more yard work I thought I'd change things up a little.

Funny story: My best friend is a wonderfully organized, particular, silver spoon sort of person. We couldn't be more different. Her house is always spotless, you can eat off her floors! Her hair is always done and her budget is always to the penny! I have a dog and a carefree husband, I roll out of bed and you get what you get; my budget? HA! Get the picture? Our card making styles are also very different.

I introduced her to Tim Holtz and some Ranger products a while ago, her card making style changed dramatically. I love the Ranger products, but never really got into the distressed, multi-media look. Our last day together before self-distancing we spent making those kind of cards. SHOCK!! No neat, tidy, balanced, or cute gnomes. Everything in the craft room was up for grabs. All drawers open. GOOD GRIEF, I had created a monster. I resisted, but went along for the ride. I'm still not a total convert but someone will like them.
Anyway, here is my card from that adventure. I only made 3 that day. Still resisting I guess.

The background is a watercolor background; One of those wipe up all the remaining Distress Ink on the mat papers. The music is from a very old, very damaged, child's music book published in 1915. The stamps and other elements are pieces and parts from a stock of "stuff" I never got rid of but didn't use!

I guess it's okay.

Off to do that yard stuff before coming back to the craft room to make masks. Please stay home, stay safe, continue to have hope and thank a health care worker or a store clerk for their service to the rest of us. They are true heroes.
Be well,
Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, I love this card and I enjoyed your story! I too have to have everything in its place and cannot go out of the lines! It sounds like you have a good time crafting with your friend. Keep up the good work and stay safe.