Feb 10, 2020

Teddy Congrats

Hello, and welcome to my blog.

Today I am showing a card for a sweet delivery.  I love this little Teddy hanging on the moon.
I sized him a little larger than I normally do as I wanted the moon to wrap around that star window die-cut on the background. (MFT)
That black layer was a background I made a few years ago using a Tim Holtz stencil and some Glimmer Spray on SU Basic Black paper.  This layer is die-cut using the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2 from MFT. I also cut it with the Starry Circle Die-namic from MFT and backed that area with a scrap of silver glitter paper.  I repositioned the star section over the glitter paper. To give the illusion of moon glow,
I blended Distress Oxide inks, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire onto the black in the area  that I was going to place the moon.

The Teddy/Moon image is from KLM Digital Designs and is colored with Copic markers with a touch of Wink of Stella pen on the moon. The image is popped up slightly, using 3M foam tape that is about 1/16th of an inch thick.

The sentiment banner is from MFT's Tag Builder Blueprints 7 Die-namics. The sentiment itself is from the SU stamp set Wild About Flowers.

One might be able to gather a small piece of pink or blue satin ribbon through a small slit in the teddy's hand to indicate the gender of the baby. I might try that next time...

Have a wonderful week,
Susan

2 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

very cute baby card. I don't often comment, but do come by to visit. you color the gnomes beautifully.

Suzstamps said...

Hello, Terri. Thanks for stopping in and leaving a message. I'm glad you like the gnomes. They really are a favorite of mine...in case you couldn't tell. LOL