Feb 14, 2020

Ocean Retirement Card

Hello there. Welcome to the blog.

I guess you could say I am having ocean withdrawal. I didn't get to make my visits to Maine last year and I am anxiously awaiting some beach walking weather. One year we went the last part of February  and the weather was so mild we were sitting on the balcony of our room, overlooking the ocean, sipping morning coffee and evening wine in our PJs. February is here 😉😉!

I couldn't get past this paper in my box of backgrounds. Given the ocean mind set, I had to use it!
If I remember correctly, the alcohol ink background was made using some Various Ink refills for my Copics. It worked nicely on glossy paper. The layer was die-cut with MFT Stitched Mod Rectangle Die-namics. The base layer is a piece of textured SU Blue Bayou from years ago. I hoard paper, can you tell?

Celebrate is a Spellbinders die, cut, and stacked 3 deep. Then, I used a little touch of Tumbled Glass  Distress ink, picked up on the tip of a Wink of Stella brush and brushed on the letters. I did the same thing with the sea shell dies from Hobby Lobby.
There are a few tiny Nuvo Drops that look like water drops. It's cool stuff. This is my first time using it.

I stamped a retirement sentiment inside but this could work for just about anything. I was just dreaming of sitting on the beach, retired.

Thanks for looking. Have a great day.
Susan

2 comments:

KarenMC said...

How pretty. I go to Maine also to visit my son in S.Portland. I can almost smell the ocean breeze looking at your card.

Suzstamps said...

Perfect! That’s what I wanted it to do. I go to Wells every chance I get, which hasn’t happened in a while. Can’t wait. I’ll have to settle for looking at the card.