Nov 20, 2019

Birthday card painter

It's that time of year in this family, to generate a ton of birthday cards along with Christmas! It's a tough time to have a birthday what with all the Holiday hubbub, so I always try to make sure to create a special card for those people.

I really liked the painter gnome for one of the card recipients. A rather artistic person, even if they deny it! 

I  tried a little something different with this card. When I placed the gnome in my document to print, I moved him to the left a bit so I could drop a text box in the top right so I could type in a sentiment. This font just seemed to be the perfect one to use with this character. I continued to type the sentiment for the inside as well. It worked out pretty well. 

The gnome is a Digital image from KLM Digital Designs colored with Copics. I masked him and stamped splotches of color around him with Stampin' UP's set Gorgeous Grunge. I used SU inks  Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Pear Pizzazz for the splotches.
Papers : SU Whisper White, Basic Black; Georgia Pacific 110lb. white card stock.
Other: My Favorite Things -A2 Stitiched STAX set 2 Die-namics.

Copic Chart:
Skin: YR000, R01
Hat: E41, 42, 43, 44
Beard: T01, 03, 05 and black multiliner 0.1
Pants: E31, 33, 37
Shirt: B41, 45
Shoes: T03, 05, 07
Pallet: E31, T03


Enjoy the holiday Hubbub!
Susan

2 comments:

Lucille K said...

I am so happy to find your blog. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the Gnome images, will be going to add some of these digis to my collection :)

Suzstamps said...

Welcome! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you like the gnomes. I have had such fun being on the KLM design team. I hope you enjoy working with them. Hopefully you'll visit again and share what you have dome with the images.