Oct 5, 2023

Christmas Dinosaur

Welcome to my little creative space.

Today's card is a "cousin" to the Pilgrim Dino card seen here 

This is the Christmas Dino from this month's featured images at klmdigitaldesigns.com.

I have again used a variety of materials to go with my image.
Stash papers in red and star-printed kraft provide backdrops for the Spellbinders arch.
 I printed the dino onto card stock 3 times, creating three 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 panels. I used one printed image to cut out the hat. The second panel I cut using the Spellbinders Essential Arch dies and then stenciled the arch with  Distress Inks and stencil THMM133 from Stampersanonymous.com for the background.
The third panel I embossed with the Reptile 3D folder from Tim Holtz. 
I sprayed the embossed dino panel with Distress inks and quickly dried it. Then, used inks and stencil brushes to add more depth and shading. Once I achieved the look desired he was fussy cut.
I colored the hat with copics and glued it in place on the dino.
The dino is popped up with foam tape. Mini rhinestones from Hero Arts were added to the Christmas lights to make them sparkle a bit more. A Sizzix Thinlits set provided the holly accents for the corners.
The sentiment inside completes the front, "Ra Ra Ra Rawr".

Hope you enjoyed this card,
Susan

No comments: