Jul 23, 2021

Daisy Framed Hello

    This is another card I made along my journey of learning about some of the mediums available out there. I have a huge stockpile of backgrounds I have made in the last few years using a variety of inks, pigments and methods that need to be used. 
    This background was made using a gel press, Distress Oxide Ink Antique Linen and a retired embossing folder from Stampin'UP ( Tin Ceiling Embossing folder). The gel press was inked and the folder was carefully set on top of the ink. A very light pressure was applied with my hand to the folder and then carefully lifted off the gel press. This lifts some of the ink from the gel press leaving the design of the folder. A piece of white multi media paper is carefully laid on the gel press and rubbed gently with even pressure. When lifted off the design is printed on the paper. 
     The frame was made using Stitched Oval STAX dies from My Favorite Things Stamps and a background panel made with Distress Inks in Tea Dye, Antique linen and Brushed Corduroy. The swirls were cut from a Recollectiond die and adhered to the frame with Distress Collage Medium Matte. I rubbed on Distress Crayons in Brushed Corduroy, Antique Bronze and Walnut stain to darken the swirls and add a little dimension.
     Sizzix Wildflower Stems #1 was used to cut the daisy and leafy stem. The fern is from Sizzix Funky Floral die set. The daisy was colored with Tombow markers and a water brush. The greenery was cut from scraps of dyed papers. 
    I stamped this KLM Digital Designs sentiment in the center of the frame. This sentiment is from the Mailbox Greetings Polymer Stamp set.
    To make the bow I used ivory seam binding that was spritzed with water, tightly crumpled and dropped in Distress Ink that was on my glass mat, then dried.
    The panel was attached to a dark kraft card base from Michael's.

     The journey will continue ...

2 comments:

Judy Inukai said...

This is just beautiful. Thank you for including all the wonderful details.

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE your frame!!