Jul 17, 2021

Build and Ocean

This card is the result of my first attempt to use  Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy. It's a really neat medium but I need to keep at it. Some of the medium came off the seahorse once it dried. Either it didn't work well on the inks under it or it stuck to my hands because it was so blinking*** hot that day.  In any event, it gave the critter an interesting look so I used him the way he was. I will play with it again later. 

The background was a not so great Distress Oxide sprayed piece I decided to try to salvage. I added some  Salvaged Patina and then used Brilliance Moonlight White pigment ink through the Bubbles stencil. It created just a little bit of a pearl sheen on the bubbles. 
I cut pre-made inked papers With the Build an Ocean die from Whimsy Stamps.
The sand I cut using some old deckle edge scissors and put a thin layer of the crackle paint on this as well.

I used Homespun Stitched Lines Die-namics to edge the  panel. (retired)

Background Distress Oxides: Salvaged Patina, Brushed Corduroy, Salty Ocean, Dusty Concord
Seahorse and Coral: Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Crackling Campfire

No comments: