May 24, 2021

Never Ignore a scrap

Now this is exactly why I am overrun with paper and I drive my daughter and stamping buddy crazy. They are always telling me to "just toss it". I'm better than I was, but once in a while my die cutting projects create negatives that have possibilities.  


These two cards were  made from the negative of die cut frames and the left over pieces of some of my hand made background papers. A win-win. I used 6+ scraps, 2 DSP cuts that have lived in the stash FOR.EVER and some pre cut card bases that were beginning to collect dust! I need to make more of these! MANY more!!



The dies are from Simon Says Stamp, Dahlia Frame and Lotus Frame. I will be making cards with the actual die cut soon. They are very delicate and look great on pretty watercolor backgrounds. These backgrounds were watercolor backgrounds made with Distress Inks. The purple had a touch of silver fixative in it as well. The thanks is from Avery Elle- Pierced Hexagon die. It was cut from purple scrap stock twice and silver ink jet paper from Walmart. I glued the white slightly off center so there is a bit of a shadow effect.

I did the same with "friend", which is a die from Hobby Lobby, stacking 2 light brown for the shadow and black for the main word.

Next time you cut our an image, check that negative to see if it can be used, also. Save a tree 😉.