Jan 29, 2021

Step-up Boxes Addiction

I love making box cards. I started years ago, (before the die explosion), 
drafting my own small boxes and making them for teachers' desks and 
friends. Along came the scalloped die box from Lawn Fawn and my 
fate was sealed. Then, MFT developed the Outside the Box Level Up
 Dienamics.
                                                  OH. MY. GOODNESS!

Everyone seems to be scrambling to get this die set as it has been out of stock EVERYWHERE! For ages! Yesterday, needing to start my Valentine's so I could get them in the mail,  I broke down and used my Out of the Box dies and altered my pieces so I could make the Level Up style box. 


Here is the first one. Lots of cutting but the result came out pretty good. I have all these Craft smart paper packs from Michael's with pretty floral and coordinating paper.
They have sat in my shelving for some time without much use. BINGO! This box is the perfect project for that paper. Layers of the floral patterns made a lovely garden-like box. I made a small heart shaker using Hero Arts Heart Infinity dies. I cut the heart shape back with a long tab extension from a piece of heavy acetate packaging. It works great to hold the heart above the rest of the elements.

I finished this yesterday. Last night I got email that the dies were back in stock, but in a limited quantity. You can bet your best scissors I dropped everything and ordered those dies!

Stamped sentiments from Calendar Chicks by Stampendous (very old set)
Sorry the photo is a little over exposed. I'm celebrating seeing the sun, it's been so gray here for so many days!














No comments: