Feb 3, 2020

Texture Rose Get Well

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping in.

It was time for me to try something new. I know texture paste has been around for a while, I just never thought to try it. Until my friend, Joan said, "We need to try this stuff!" So we did.

I used an old brass stencil from my collection to apply the texture paste. I added distress ink with a paintbrush after it was completely dry. The die-cut is from and old PTI set Mat Stacks as is the label.
I used foam dimensionals to mount it onto a piece of polished stone background layer. The primary layer was die-cut from SU Riding Hood Red paper with MFT's Blueprints 27.

The texture is a nice effect. Honestly, it is just like mudding sheetrock. Having just completed a 2 year reno job, I'm not apt to use this much. I've done enough mudding to last me a while. (Plus it looks like this summer we will be doing more work on the rest of the house. More sheetrock!)

You might like this. It works fairly easily. Just make sure to follow the clean up directions.

Something new, check! Brain cells stimulated, check!

On to other things.

Have a great day. Try something new.

Susan

No comments: