Nov 15, 2010

The WINNER

  PICT0351                                                                                                                                                             Here is the winning card that earned me the honor of

  Paper Crafts Magazine Stamping Royalty. Many other great cards and winners can be seen in the November/December issue.

 

  One of my favorite things to do is to create my own backgrounds. I have tons of patterned paper! Have you seen much of it on this blog? I struggle with it often, usually putting it away only to make my own as I did here. I love to layer colors onto paper giving and otherwise flat color some depth. Sponging is my method of choice. Then I choose a simple stamp to give it a little motion. (Leaves are from Beautiful Blooms, Papertrey Ink) The focal image (Mum) is a digital image by KLM Designs, colored in Copics. That gorgeous ribbon is recycled from a Harry and David’s package.

 

                                                   For all of you out there that have never submit a card for publication, try it! This was my first attempt,look what happened!       

3 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I do the same thing with Decorative Paper! Every time I see some paper that I think I have to have, I try to remember the box full and buy a stamp instead!

Libby O said...

Congrats on the Stamping Royalty! Amazing.