Oct 31, 2010

Pumpkin Night

PICT0188

‘T was the night for ghosts and goblins and ghouls,

For spooking and tricking and acting as fools.

  I answered a knock with a bag full of candy,   

And hoped the children had toothbrushes handy. 

Then I, with a handful of paper and ink,

sat with my punches to ponder and think,  

Of the horseman who rode, with out head, says the tale, 

Through the darkened forest, near a wooded vale. 

Who threw a pumpkin, on a moon filled night,

Giving ol’ Ichabod a terrible fright.

A pumpkin, of course, graces this card.

With punches and time, it’s really not hard.                                                 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!                                                                                                                              So much for  poetry. I have not figured how to format the text on this blog stuff yet! Confused smile Materials:  Cardstock - Not Quite Navy, Going Grey,So Saffron, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Chip, Mello Moss, /Creamy Caramel.                                                                  Orange was punched with the 2 smaller ovals from SU. They were sponged and assembled into a pumpkin shape. I used some scraps of moss and Chocolate to crumple under the pumpkin and to cut a stem. The moon is punched from So Saffron and sponged lightly with Apricot Appeal. White Craft was sponged to create the light around the moon as well as the highlights on the cloud. The shading is Apricot. The textured paper on the bottom is from crimping, scrunching and separating a layer of Creamy Caramel. The smooth side is glued and the remaining fuzzy side is what you see. 

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hi Susan. I just looked at the new Paper Crafts magazine and saw that you were a winner! Congratulations! I also saw that you lived in Rutland, VT. I grew up in Manchester but have been in NC for many years. I'll be looking forward to following your blog. I like what I see.