Jun 1, 2008

Day to Play!




Well now this has been a fun day. Hubby is golfing and after the weeding and sweeping and laundry, I did nothing but play!

This card is for my grandson who is nearly 3 and nearly potty trained. 
He loves to get mail so I thought I'd send this. I had not touched this set. My intent was to use it for scrapbooking but there are just so many hours in a day. 

I am trying to use some of the papers that I have in my scrap pile. So far I have not had to cut into a new piece of paper. 


This one is for the little "peanut". She is only 3 months but how can
grandma send a card to the "big boy" and not to the  little "peanut"!


Stamps: Wild About You
Paper and inks: SU Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, So Saffron
Chocolate chip, Pretty in pink, retired DP

*** Fun trick - I didn't have ribbon I liked for the pink card. I used my 
markers and drew lines on white grosgrain ribbon. Just keep the motion smooth, don't stop or you'll have a blob.

This one is just for fun. I used the Cuttlebug for the background.
This is the cutest croc/gator if there is such a thing. The expression 
is perfect. Again, I used my markers to make my own striped ribbon.

Papers and ink: Green Galore, Celery, Whisper White, Navy
The corners of the navy layer were punched out to expose the green  behind. I didn't want to introduce a new color and had no hardware handy in green.

Will post the rest of the cards I did with this set later.
Have a great evening.




No comments: