May 29, 2008

It can't get much better than this for a grandma who is a teacher!
"Cookie" loves to read, thank goodness, and will read to
anyone who will listen. I had just introduced her to Frog and Toad. Now she has the books and has read them all. I'm in heaven. "Peanut" loves to be read to, at the ripe ol' age of 3 months, as does her
nearly 3 year old brother. Mom and Dad are doing a great job. (Proud Grandma, a bit prejudice.)

While we were visiting, my daughter and I took a day and just
played with her stamps while the kids played with each other and
the men played a LOWES.

This little card was my attempt at the
tole technique. All the layers are cut
and reapplied on dimensionals. I used
her Stampendous sets: Changito Dos
and Beachin' Birthday.
Papers are SU. The background is
brayered ala Michelle Zindorf's
technique.

I used the same little monkey for a 1 year old's birthday card. I can't find the picture of the inside, but I inked only the bottom of the palm to just above the monkey's head. Then I free handed a flame and the top of a candle. Worked great. "Happy birthday you little monkey", went inside.

This was a workshop request. The hostess let me borrow the set to make the card. What a nice little set. It takes some good light and eyesight to color the details in this fine line image but the result is well worth it.

While I had the set I decided to prepare another project for them to do. The bird image is perfect for the Starbucks bottle. Fill it with candy or even bird seed and it makes a great gift.
This last card is so simple it hurts. Simple masking, punches, and shading is all this takes.
Michelle Zindorf was again the inspiration for this. I didn't have any oval punches with me so I ended up using circle punches and punching away the sides to form the oval shape then cut off the top and bottom to make the vases. I masked the stock with a sticky note and brushed on some Vintage Violet. I placed the vases and masked them and added a bit more shadow behind them. Stamp leaves. Punch flowers and attach with pop dots. A little bling in the centers and a sentiment. Voila! Try this it is great!

No comments: