Jun 2, 2008

More as promised

Isn't this the cutest! I made this at my daughter's and can't remember the name of the set, but I think it is from Stampendous. It is a clear set and the top of the baby's head is missing. The rest of the set gives you all kinds of head coverings for the child. Lots of animals and a hat or two. 
This will be for my best friend's grandaughter. When she was a babe I gave her a bunny that goes with her everywhere, still. Couldn't resist this for her. I brayered the background grading from banana to pretty in pink.
Then stamped on the little packages in the next darkest shade ( saffron and regal rose). The flowers were stamped in a lighter shade and then I drew over them with the clear Sakura glaze pen. I didn't have the right ribbon so I used this satin with grades of pink and took my yellow marker and ran it down the white side. Came out perfect. I used WC Crayons and a blender on the baby and sponged on the yellow and green background. 

This one was one of those cards I needed to make from an image
 that was finished and all the scraps I could use. I used WC 
Crayons and blender to color this hostess set. Layered it on DSP
Guava then built the accent under it with scraps. The punched accent  is the scallop punch. I punched the holes with a 1/16" hand punch. Circle of Friendship was stamped on bashful blue then punched with the 1 3/8" punch then center punched with the 3/4".
I used a 1/2" punch to add the guava center. I made the matching ribbon using white grosgrain and my markers. Try it, you will love it! Just keep the marker moving.

This guy has to be my favorite. He was as easy as pie to do. I stamped him on the white then colored the stamp with the chocolate mane and mustard face and stamped it again. Cut the head out. I punched a 1/8" hole in the center of the bottom lion (square) head. I put a brad through this from the back. The head of the brad is behind the white square and the prongs are on the front. I used tiny pieces of sticky strip on the prongs and wrapped them around so they would stay on. Then positioned the lion's head on these. I layered the rest of the colored squares but found I needed to cut away a bit so the brad head was exposed through all layers and moved freely. Finally I mounted the squares using dimensionals. The head tips and will spin if manipulated.
The dots are the black Sakura glaze pen. 

Now somewhere I have lost my last card! I am such a tech moron. Will find it and post it later.
Have a great evening.

No comments: