Jan 23, 2022

Simply Hearts

Welcome! 
It's still January, right?  Now that I'm retired, I lose track of the time so quickly. Especially when we are staying close to home because it's been so cold, and because of the Covid numbers in Vermont.
I'm determined not to cut one piece of new paper for this entire month and use only scraps and items that have been pre-made and are living in drawers and envelopes waiting for that perfect project.

I will treat myself to a day of making new background paper if I can stick to it and make a bit of a dent in what I have. Like I need more 😏.

I pulled this white embossed panel out of my stack, the hearts were in a bag of hearts left over from last year's nursing home Valentines. Add a little fish tail from the scrap pile and a touch of embossing powder and done. Pretty simple, but I like that white space with the pretty embossing.

Paper: Hammermill, white; SU Real red; Recollection Gold foil card stock

Die: Hero Arts Infinity Hearts 
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug Heart Motif

Tomorrow I'll see what else I can find to use up my scraps. Heaven knows there are so many I could do this all year and never touch a whole piece of paper or cut another shape with a die.

But we know that won't happen. 

1 comment:

Glennis F said...

Lovely card, I think we all have those 'mountains'