Hello everyone. Finally found some time to stamp. That's not accurate. I really haven't stamped a thing. I have done nothing but assemble, assemble, assemble. I have boxes of stamped and colored images, drawers of scraps and card sized fronts cut and ready to go. So . . . I decided one night not to touch one piece of uncut paper that was not for the card base. In two days I was able to assemble 4 dozen cards with just pieces, parts and scraps.
I still have a ways to go before I have even made a dent in the boxes of parts. I will be packing these up for the Cards for Heroes organization. I really had a good time doing it. I had forgotten the simple but fun accents that can be made from thin strips of scraps. I have an entire box of these scraps that I have stamped on an treated with inks in various colors. The most interesting look uses a white pigment ink, an ink that matches the paper and even slightly darker, plus a metallic ink
in a coordinating color. These are randomly sponged onto the scrap to give depth. The resultreminds me of those beautiful hand dyed batik fabrics I used when I quilted. These last two cards use scraps treated with this technique. Ruby Red paper, ink, and Brilliance Cloud White. I remember using a tear dropped shaped metallic ink pad at my daughter's. I don't recall what company it was from. They came in a set of 4 colors. Each was metallic and gave a very subtle shine to the strips. Try it sometime. Thanks for visiting.