Aug 4, 2008

Marathon stamping


Arrrgh!! It has begun. The crunch to get all the boxes unpacked, bulletin boards up and the eternal paper chase for the beginning of school is stress to the power of  . . . 10. In the 5 years I have been in this school I have moved 3 times. Is there a sign on my back or something???

Anyway, I thought I would take a few minutes today to load the marathon stamping projects I mentioned in last post. I didn't make as many cards as my friend did. I was busy designing. She was cranking!!! At last count she had completed something in the area of 90-100 cards if not more. She was mass producing of course. That goes pretty fast once you're in the groove.

This card is so much fun and FAST! I want to make them for all the teachers on my team for gifts. The composition paper is made from the PTI set Faux Ribbon. I used SU Soft sky and Rose Red inks, corner rounded one corner and punched the side with a hole punch. The celery leaves are SU's 5 petal flower punch. The white embossed flower came from the bridal section at Michael's. They market it as bridal confetti. A little pricey to throw, but it's GREAT for cards. The rust flower in the center is one of my old school punches. A drop of Stickles in the center, mount it on  SU Groovy Guava DS paper, Stamp sentiment from PTI  Floral Frenzy, and done.

This next one is also a mix of companies. The paper is all SU, WW, black, Wasabi, and Saffron.
The background,  stamped lightly in SU craft white is SU hostess set Garden silhouettes. The focal image is from PTI's Floral Frenzy. The stem is in Wasabi but the flowers are PTI colors. The image is a two step and lends itself to their Perfect Match Hybrid Inks. 



Cards just don't get faster than this one. The only fussy part was that I cut out the stamped scallop because I wanted the blue scallop to peek out a bit. This SU So Many Scallops from the Sale-a-bration promotion. The card was embossed on one side with the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder. A bit of bling and a touch of organdy and here it is.

It's very white . . . but so is snnnnnnnn . . . snnnnn  . . . I can't bring myself to say that word  yet!






These are also using the Cuttlebug embossing folders and the SU hostess set Oh So Lovely (I think). I used whit craft for the texture stamp. Once it was dry I stamped on the flowers and then used reinkers and a blender to watercolor them in. The sentiment is from PTI Floral Frenzy and framed using their Corners and Borders oval and rectangle. I love the sentiment. You could use it for anything . . . nice or not ;-)

Well the phone rings . . . time to go back to school. 

















No comments: