Jul 31, 2008

The best, forgotten


I finally spent some time cleaning up the computer and I stumbled upon these photos that didn't make it into the bragbook posts. How could I have forgotten some of the best ones?
Oh well, better late than never.
This first one is the detail shot of the angelface page. I received many compliments on this (TY), as well as questions on how it was done. It was really simple. I cut a small piece of vellum and placed it over the cut photo. I very lightly sketched wings and halo size with a pencil. I sketched it slightly larger than needed so I could cut inside the pencil lines. Then I used a Versamarker (handy tool!) and drew inside the pencil marks. I embossed using SU Iridescent EP. Cut away on the pencil lines and glued on. DONE.

The page on the left was fun! I used a picture of the fireworks by DH, then cut out the photos of the baby in her 4th outfit. It is hard to see here but babies are popped up. The bottom one looks like she is sitting on the ribbon.
The photo on the right is my favorite one. These two just adore each other . . . right now. She is beginning to crawl. We'll see how long it takes for big brother to protest his pesky little sister.
Recipe: SU ink, markers, papers: Navy, real red,
WW. Burgundy paper retired Christmas collection, Ribbon: from the dollar store
Stamp: Stars from PTI, Mailbox Greetings

These pages are very simple. I used Versa on the purple with the SU One of a Kind set. I used the Punch that matches the set to make the little accent flowers. The Pink page was the back of one of the other pages in the book. It is from KC& Company, in a tablet called Smitten.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get to post all the fun things I have been doing the last few days.
My best friend and I pulled one of our marathon stamp sessions. We had to quickly get this in as we will be spending our time getting our classrooms ready for the rest of August. Evenings that end at 2A.M. and mornings that begin with breakfast and coffee out are the norm. As we wind down on the last day we usually stamp with our Margaritas. :-p Anybody know of a cute stamp with a margarita glass?
Have a great evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Cat's Pajamas has a stamp like that.