Jul 22, 2022

Frog and Toad KLM style

Hi there, welcome!

Today's cards are variations of the same image from KLM Digital Designs, Ribbiting Frog.

On this first one, I printed the image and sentiment onto Pen and Gear Card stock, colored the image with Copics, and die cut the panel with Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics from My Favorite Things Stamps. I found a free image of rivets and hardware and printed a page of them then cut out 3 . I used a clear glitter gel pen on the rivets and then added a touch of Crystal Effects for dimension. I layered the frog on green card stock and then on printed paper from Papertrey Ink.
Copics: G20, YG23, 17, G29, Y02

This second card I made into a toad. Using a .02 Multiliner pen, I added bumps to the frog image. I had originally colored him as the frog above,  then changed my mind to making a toad, so I colored over the green with E81, 84, and 87.
I did a lot of tip-to-tip with the 81 and 84 to make a smoother blend. I masked the toad and used Distress Oxide Ink in Salvaged Patina around the frog. If you use a printer with water-based ink be careful if you are blending over print as it will smudge. I usually just tap the ink over printed material. In this case, I hand-printed the sentiment with a Sharpie.
The toad panel is layered onto a printed Kraft panel from a large pad from Michael's.

Have a great day!

No comments: