Apr 6, 2022

Believe in the magic of fairies #1

Hello there. I hope you are all well and creating.

I think, maybe, spring is finally on its way. Let's hope. Soon I will be knee deep in yard waste from the winter storms and new mulch for the gardens. That means less time in the craft room and more time outside. That's not a bad thing.

So, before all that happens I'm trying to use up some papers and ink up ALL of my recent purchases at least once. I'm more of a nature person than I am a fantasy/fairy person. That being said, there is something about the Lavinia fairies that just drew me in. They work so well with the papers I love to make. Maybe that is the underlying draw, besides the exceptional detail.

This is Grace. She was my very first Lavinia purchase along with the text and the leaves. This was the first attempt at this style as well.

I love blended ink backgrounds. This one uses Distress Oxides if I recall. They give such a smooth blend. 
This background was not pre-made but planned around the image, blended then stamped.


Stay tuned for the 4 other fairies in my limited collection.

Have a warm 🤞, wonderful week.

No comments: