May 20, 2011

Daughter's Mother's Day

Now that Mother's Day is past I can share the card I made for my daughter. If I had posted it before the date it wouldn't have been a surprise! Besides, I promised to space out the cards I made with Button Boutique from Papertrey Ink. I really like this set. There are so many ways to use it and it gives me such a nice feeling  when I design with it. I have fond memories of button boxes at my mother's, both of my grandmothers, and my great grandmother, all of them accomplished seamstresses. Creativity runs in our veins, in this family. This is the perfect card for DD. She used to love to look at all the buttons in grandma's button box.
I really like the way this came out. Once finished I got a chuckle from it. I didn't realize it as I was designing this but, the ribbon and the pearls are from left over materials from her wedding in 2003. Here they are showing up 7 years later. The color is PTI Scarlet Jewel. I used the die from Button Card Collection to cut the piece of fabric. It is much easier to get a clean edge on the fabric if you cut a piece of cardstock at the same time.

Hope you liked your card, Kate.                                              

No comments: