May 1, 2011

Ah . . . Spring at Last!

At long last. Today was beautiful! Finally! Yesterday was sunny but the wind was quite brisk! So I started interior work. A day with spackling and sanding block. Productive but counter productive!
I spent all Friday evening dusting and vaccuuming! Jokes on me! But it feels good to get a much needed project started.

Meanwhile I got my Mother's Day cards done for everyone and a few birthday cards to boot! They all come this week! I promise to space them out, because you will get sick of the Mother's Day look. I got carried away with PTI's Button Boutique!
This card is for my mother. We have this thing for the aqua color. Leave it to say we have a running joke about what to call it (blue or green) from when I was a kid; that was LONG AGO! Everything on the card is from Papertrey Ink with the exception of the hat pin and pearls. Those are left over from my daughter's wedding in 2003. My mother and I made her wedding dress, complete with hand made silk roses, appliqued lace motifs and pearls. Anyone have more pearls than this????

Have a great Monday!
                                    

No comments: