Mar 6, 2011

Another from the Reject Pile

DSC_0923

         I know I said later in the week, but from the looks of the school calendar I’ll be lucky if I get to turn on my personal computer at all next week! I don't know smile  This card was from sketch #9. Having been a quilter FOREVER, this sketch jumped off the screen at me. I even dusted off my fancy sewing machine, (that has sat unloved since I picked up a stamp Winking smile) , and added some honest to goodness stitches. The second I saw it I knew I would use Quilter’s Sampler from PTI.  The sentiment is perfect . . .

            “Birthdays are like quilts,

    (inside) stitched together one year at a time.”

The papers are Cosmo Cricket’s Everafter series and Basic Grey from SU.

                           Patriotic door (411x640)     

 

 

 

 

         This card also didn’t make the cut.  sketch #10 just screamed

FRONT DOOR!

Cardstock: (Vintage Cream, Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink

Ink: Dye ink (Old Olive, Pacific Point) Stampin’UP; Hybrid ink (Chamomile, Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow) Papertrey Ink

Stamps: (Wreath For All Seasons) Papertrey Ink

Color Medium: Marker (Always Artichoke) StampinUP

Fibers: (Ribbon) Michael’s

Tools: (Wood grain Impression Plate) Papertrey Ink

Other: (White embossing powder) StampinUP; (Creative Candy) Amuse; (Gemstones) Hero Arts, (Foam tape) 3M

Directions:

1. Make card from cardstock. Cut door panels from contrast color; emboss and sponge edges. 2. Stamp sentiment to center panel and attach all panels to card. 3. Stamp wreath on a small piece of cardstock, cut out, embellish and attach to card with foam tape. 4. Attach ribbon bow.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Donna B. said...

Cute cards!!

Glenda J said...

These are terrific! Great job. Funny, sketch 19 screamed front door to me!

Bonnie said...

If these are the rejects, I can't wait for the ones that were accepted. These are great. Have quilter friend who will be getting a card similar the your quilt card.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

These are great!