Jan 26, 2011

I MISSED IT!

pti challenge   Is anyone familiar with the story book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day ?  Today was one for the book. I made this card last night for the PTI Blog Hop which I thought was today. It was yesterday!  I get the blog posts the day AFTER they are posted, for whatever reason. Anyway . . . we had an unexpected day off from school which threw my internal clock off. I hurried home last night to make a card for the hop. Tonight, I rushed home to photo and post the card. When I went to the blog to link it, to my dismay . . . it was over!Steaming mad Duh. . . today’s the 26th!! 

Just ask my daughter, I can foul up any computer and software. Today, my school laptop would only link to the server if I walked with it to the end of the hall. Then I found out my grades did not save for some reason to the report card program. I ended up with blank report cards. They go home tomorrow! I can see the grades on my computer. . . when it connects. . . hope the head tech can figure this one out in the morning! He just loves to see me comingRolling on the floor laughing.

 

   The GOOD news. . . I have a card to post after a long dry spell. This is really easy. It uses scraps and takes not a lot of time. I used the Beyond Basic Borders set and embossed the images with clear embossing powder and Versa. I like to sponge my papers to add extra depth. I usually use the same colored ink with a touch of a metallic in a similar color family. I did this here on the green and yellow.  The base is PTI Linen. Love this color. Added a little bling to a dot here and there for fun. It worked. Try this design and/or technique and let me know how you like it. I don’t think I’ll try to do anything more with the computer tonight. That might be pressing my luckSarcastic smile.

 

 

Wishing you all better days tomorrow!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Susan, it's beautiful!
Love the colors!
And I'm so glad I'm not alone when it comes to being lost in technology...
I have books...
I could try and learn...
but they don't read like a novel so I just stare at them :)
A beautiful card...and deserves no less attention because it was a little late!

Bonnie said...

I just wnet to add a card to the Just Add Ink challenge and it had ended! It's not the first time I've done that either! My computer has jammed up on me multiple times today. I commiserate with you. Tomorrow is bound to be better!