Oct 20, 2010

Monarch Magic

PICT0091      Fall always brings lovely visitors to my garden. This fella was sunning himself on the rocks on a cool morning. I couldn’t have staged a photo this good. Between the mum and the fallen Veronica flower is shouted the end of the season. He was the perfect addition! We managed to raise several Monarchs this year. I let the milkweed grow in my garden (much to the neighbors dismay!) and was rewarded by several eggs. I gave one to my grandson for his school, kept one at home for my husband to monitor during his recuperation time, and took 3 to school. Every one of them was a male! Many of the ones that visited the garden were male as well.

 

They are off on their way to Mexico, now.  Here is the card I made with the photo.

  Papers are Lovely Lilac, Whisper White and Basic Black from SU. Stamp and scallop die are PTI. Chrystals are from Hero Arts. Cuttlebug E

mbossing Folder

No comments: