Jul 2, 2010

Happy retirement


Good morning,
Today is such a gorgeous day here in New Hampshire. Went for a walk with the littlest one and then a trip to the play ground to swing. It feels like a day for this kind of chair!
This was the card I made for my principal. She decided to retire this year instead of wait. It was a really fun card to make. I've done one before but I decided to add a curtain effect. She owns a B&B in Woodstock, VT. This just looked like it should be for her.
Card front is impressed with PTI Woodgrain plate on Kraft. The image is from Lockhart stamps. Basic Backgrounds: Tintype was used on the curtain and lined (much like in sewing) on the back to cover tape and lace.
Enjoy the beautiful day,

1 comment:

The Wired Angel said...

What a perfect card, Sue. I'd retire to a B&B in a NY minute! How lucky for her after many years of hard work.

Darling card.. and perfect for the occasion. Hugs, Peggy x