Jul 16, 2009

Sympathy Cards

PICT0120

  PICT0121                                                                                                                                         

These are my least favorite to make, but  a  growing  necessity at this time of my life.

 

Unfortunately, the need this time came for the death of an infant son of a young colleague. I just can't imagine the grief!  The are no cards in the stores in our area that really address this. Anything I came up with just fell short, also. Maybe, as depressing as it is, I should work on something digital that might work.     These cards are stamped using Stampin'UP  images, papers, and inks; organdy ribbon and MS leaf punch.

3 comments:

Katy Myhre said...

Pretty! I like the tree.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I agree how hard that situation is. My brother lost his only son a few years ago, and nothing was right. BUT, in actual fact, just having cards to look at later is what helped my brother. Knowing people cared to leave cards, even if they didn't quite fit, comforted him. He was in such shock at the time he didn't really see them anyway, and I'm sure this young couple are the same. So I hope people do send any cards for them to read and look at later on, when they feel they can.

Heather said...

Very nice sympathy cards- they are always difficult to make.