May 5, 2009

Fun Kid's Project

 

My apologies for the lousy photos, but I couldn't wait to share!  These are so cute and fast. They are magnetsPICT0023

. We are making these in school for Mother's Day. I used a Georgia Pacific White CS from WalMart and an inexpensive set of school grade colored pencils . You would not believe how smoothly the  color went on this paper. The red square in the photo is a magnetized label that is 2x2. My husband brought home a bag full of these when the company discontinued using them and threw them in the trash. (Dumpster Diving!)  There is a slick plastic surface (red) on the magnet. . I used the Tombow glue and spread it on thinly with the wide tip.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      It worked like a charm! When

PICT0024

dry I covered them with a coat of  Modge Podge to protect them a little. I stamped 85 pieces  for the kids to color, and completed 9 , from start to finish in an hour and a half!  Hope the kids have as much fun as I did!

4 comments:

Lynn P. said...

These are adorable! What a wonderful idea.

Ally said...

Great idea and a wonderful to recycle too!

Katy Myhre said...

OOOOhhh I want some Mom! Bring some over if you have any more left.

The Wired Angel said...

I want some too Mom!! These are much too darling. I love the fact that you were re-purposing. I have a really 'green' side to me! Way to go Sue!