Jun 14, 2008

Challenges and grandchildren




My daughter recently posted a beautiful card on her blog and SCS that was for one of the challenges. I saw the challenge and remembered this little book I made in February of 2003 for my granddaughter. You will see that this book is well loved. I wanted to make an educational book for her using family photos. It has pages for each letter of the alphabet and numbers to 20. She learned to recognize her letters and numbers with this little book. At the time the only materials I had to work with were stickers and my brand new Sizzix machine. (I had to drive 80 miles to a large craft store to get it! Sometimes rural living isn't all it's made out to be!)
Imagine this book now with the room full of supplies I have. I need to make one for the next two babe's using all the new stuff! Wahoo-- inspiration! Here are a few pages of the old work. You really can do fun things with very little.








These are from the number section of the book.


The sad part about this is that I can't keep her this way. She is now approaching 8 going on 18 with the beginnings of all those attitudes of a tween!

I just love to look at the pictures and remember.

I will have to try a more up dated entry for this challenge once school is out. I promise!






No comments: